Monday, August 4, 2008

Wow we actually got a watermelon!!


Every season we plant watermelons they take a really long time to grow and the last couple years we always pick them way to early. We have read and read about when to pick the watermelons and every time we do they are always white inside. So this year when we picked the first watermelon we were apprehensive because we did not want to waste the watermelon and have it not be ripe. We toke a chance and it paid off!! We were so excited to see red inside the melon. It smelled so good and tasted even better then we imagined it would. I love watermelon and am so excited to have so many in our garden (about 25 growing right now) I just hope our luck continues and we will get another good one. If anyone has grown melons you know that it pretty much takes over your whole garden that is why we have so many. It is so rewarding to be able to grow something and eat it and enjoy it especially for the kids.

4 comments:

bekki said...

I'm so jealous your watermelon turned out. We planted some this year and nothing. Katelynn looks cute on her first day of shcool.

The Monson Family said...

Your blog background is way cute. I like it. Great job on the watermelon...they look delicious!

bekki said...

Hey I don't have your e-mail so leave it on my blog

bekki said...

Ok so my email is gotsand3@msn.com leave me your e-mail.

Thanks